Row/Sail-16' Maine Lightkeeper Peapod with trailer
Sailboats / / 1087 views
This classic Maine Lighthouse Keeper Peapod has beautiful lines and a glass lay-up with balsa core and gelcoat exterior. Built at the Boat School in Eastport, Maine and finished by Maine boat builder Nicholas B. Brown. Simple 70 sq ft balanced-lug sail rig with spruce mast. Traditional rowing set-up with extended oarlocks for rowing standing (facing forward) and two standard sitting rowing positions. Fore and aft glassed-in bulkheads for flotation and storage. Pine thwarts, white oak gunwales and inwales.
These seaworthy double-enders are designed to work in-shore near ledges and the surf line, thus the forward facing, standing rowing position. Ideal for beach cruising, the Maine Island Trail, shoal-draft day sailing, and general messing about. Great condition, lightly used and kept indoors.
This is a turn-key boat and includes:
- EZ Loader trailer (2014), 2″ ball hitch, adjustable swing jack with wheel, manual winch, felted bunks-1 pair Shaw & Tenney spoon oars with sewn leather and buttons
- 1 pair Caviness Feather Brand oars
- Ritchie compass
- WINDEX wind direction indicator
- 4-point grappling anchor with 10′ chain and 75′ rode
- Danforth anchor with 12′ chain and 100′ rode
- 3 pairs oar locks, one extended standing pair
- 2 fenders
- Dabbler dacron balanced lug sail with one reef point
- Spruce mast and boom
- Running rigging with Harken blocks
- Tiller extension
- Quick release rudder
- Bow and stern lines with horn cleats
- Rowing foot brace
- Manual bilge pump
Custom deck fittings throughout.
This is a beautiful boat that gets many compliments, in great condition, and fully equipped, ready to row and sail.