14-½′ Ilur Yawl “Griffin”
Sailboats / / 428 views
“Griffin” is a 14-½′ Ilur Yawl, designed by Francois Vivier.
- Hull Material: 3/8″ Mahogany Plywood Lapstrake
- Length: 14-½ ft.; Beam: 5-1/2 ft.
- Draft: Board up, 10 in.; Board Down, 2 ft., 10 in.
- Weight: 600 lbs. approx.
- Sail Area (Main + Mizzen): 134 sq. ft.
- Year Built: 2019
- Builder: Thomas Belknap
- Power: Sail only
- Location: Falmouth, Maine
The boat is complete and ready to launch and sail. It has always been stored inside, covered, for the winter. All brightwork has been recently varnished, and all paint is in excellent condition. It has been maintained on a mooring — never beached and only tied up to a dock once. The lug-rigged, full battened mainsail, with two sets of reef points, the sprit-rigged, full battened mizzen (furled around mizzen mast after battens removed) and unused mizzen staysail are all in new or like-new condition. There is a custom-made snap-on mooring cover, and the following accessory equipment is included:
- Never Used Collapsible Mantus Anchor, with 5 ft. vinyl-covered 1/4 in. chain and 200 ft. 3/8 in. nylon 3-strand rode, in breathable anchor bag.
- Four 3/8 in. Braided 20 ft. Dock Lines.
- Two Oarlocks.
- Two 9 ft. Shaw & Tenney Oars.
- 9 ft. Shaw & Tenney Sculling Oar.
- Three Large Inflatable Floatation Bags.
- Padded, Custom-made Cradle with large casters.
- Large Lazarette and Two Large Side Lockers for holding gear and flotation bags, as well as Oar Storage and room for anchor and other gear under floorboards.
- 1-3/4 in. Hand Bilge Pump, and built-in Whale Bilge Pump.
- U.S. Flag with Varnished Teak Staff.
- Drink Holder.
Please see photos attached. The photos of boat under sail are of Griffin’s sister ship.